So…. My brother is graduating the Thursday before Memorial Day! I’m pumped to go to his graduation. I wonder if I’ll cry? I think I got him to admit he wants me to go! It was the triumph of my day.
Dad and Mom sent me pictures of him and this girl (can’t remember her name) before heading to Prom. He had a white tux and lime green vest. It was cute, but we all knew he was going to get it dirty at dinner.
I think I should tell you about my weekend.
Saturday, I obviously woke up, later than usual. I looked at my phone and I had a few missed texts. One was from Samantha, she asked me to get lunch at 11:15am, but it was 11:54 when I read it. I wrote back and she told me around 1:00 she’d call me after her nap. She never called, she never wrote back later. I couldn’t get a hold of her all day. She apologized today. I’m going to try not to let my anger fester. I had a good time, it all worked out. I shouldn’t hold grudges.
I would be important to add that earlier in the week I asked Sam if she would let me come to Palmer Fest with her and her friends (boyfriend and old mod mates). Molly told me how much fun she had going last year and everyone was talking it up, so, my interest was perked.
Palmer Fest is a big street party, on Palmer Street off Mill, only a maybe 5-10 minute walk from my dorm.
Knowing me, I was pissed. I got up and dressed early, and waited for her to call. After a while, I decided to go to the ATM, it wouldn’t give me money from my debit card (= more pissed). I called my mom. She said she had to call me back because they were taking pictures of Scott (before Prom). I went and laid outside the dorm, on the cement steps, in the sun, hoping to get really warm and pass out. Mom called and I laid there talking to her about…. What we always talk about: nothing. Then, Kate came back. We talked for a little bit; then, she went with me to get ice cream. They didn’t have any chocolate left (figures), so I substituted cookies and cream (yuck!). We came back to the dorm so she could shower. After she was done, which took a surprisingly long time, almost 2 episodes of America’s Next Top Model, she accompanied me up town to look for a gift for Mother’s Day. Walking up there, we almost crossed paths with Houy (we’re still not talking) and by evasive maneuvers confrontation was avoided. All the blasted stores were closed, except for this one antique shop. We went in and fooled around for a while. I was uncomfortable in there and dust was everywhere. Kate seemed like she enjoyed it, if you’ve never met Kate, imagine the girl from Juno, and you have her.
We walked back, very uneventful. There were a lot of people out (because of Palmer Fest). I just kept waiting for my phone to ring/vibrate. When it did, it ended up being Dan, he was at Palmer and I could barely understand what he was saying.
Back at the dorms again, I was extremely angry and depressed. I decided to take some cold meds (yes, I know I’m dumb) to take my headache, sniffles, and annoyance away. Kate asked if I was going to be a party pooper. I told her I didn’t want to go down there by myself. It would be weird and uncomfortable. She told me to call James, but I’d still be going by myself. I sat around working on my painting, contemplating what she said. After some texts to people who couldn’t seem to work a phone, I asked James if I could meet him somewhere. Kate said she would go with me. His silly self led us on a wild goose chase up Mill and down again. Kate even went into someone’s house that we didn’t know and tried to play with their iguana. Eventually, we made it to Palmer Street, and it was insane. The police were on their horses patrolling and whistling. They could have arrested so many people. Kate and I did see a kid get arrested on Mill, which was pretty cool. It took us awhile to get where James was, but we did find him and Zack eventually. They had already cut themselves, but were having too much fun to care. Kate and I followed James around back of one of the houses.
We ran into Chrissy and one of her friends (fun conversation there) and I saw Adjin from my old Spanish class. We decided to go towards the music, to clarify, there was a band doing covers of famous songs (at least when we were there). We chilled there a bit. I saw Teets (OSU-Akron) when it started to get dark. We talked to some kid that randomly started came up to Kate and others who apparently lived in out dorm that I’ve never seen. People were pretty friendly except for this one girl who was said to James, “Who do you know here?” She was a witch, and Palmer Fest was pure chaos, there really wasn’t any regulation. We went closer to the stage, and Kate disappeared. James and I found her by the audio ten after a few phone calls. By then, I was smiling and James and I were singing songs. It had become pretty cold and I had my arm around Kate serenading her with Hysteria by Muse and Wonderwall by Oasis. Those are the only two songs I remember. A little later Kate told us she was going to leave and see what her boyfriend Eric was up doing. This was after we hid James from the annoying girl Holly who lives in his mod. Kate is the same size as me so this wasn’t the easiest of tasks. I don’t really know what James and I did after that. We did go pee (I peed faster) and found Zach again.
After a bit James put his arm around me, either to keep himself warm or me or maybe both. We ended up migrating to another house because we needed to pee again. James and I went into this other house (again, of people we didn’t know and I was still uncomfortable with this). When we got in, this girl asked me if I wanted to steam roll? I didn’t know what that meant, but I gave my stuff to James and laid on the ground. Some guy and a girl rolled over us. They all seemed to find this amusing. I got up to find James. I don’t think we figured out where the bathroom was, so we went outside and peed in some bushes (yes, not very sanitary). He hurt himself in there or maybe later after I’d left. We went up to listen to the band.
I was pretty worn out sadly and I still didn’t know if I was going to wake up for Cedar Point. I eventually safely came back to my room. I asked James if he wanted to watch a movie, and I showed him what I had. He picked “Underworld.” I went over to talk to Shane and Chris. Chris said I smelled. I left the movie on until he to fell asleep, I could tell because he started snoring. I got up to pee and turn of the movie. This woke him up and he went back to his room.
I had set my clock and fiddled with my phone a bit. We decided I should go to Cedar Point, so, 6:30am alarm clock. Could have been the cold meds, but I fell asleep like a rock. I woke up to get water, looked at the clock: around 5:00am. I resumed chugging water. Cuddled in bed, I snuck in a good 30 minutes of sleep before getting up for Cedar Point to meet the guys at Peden stadium.
Chris called to make sure I was up and tell me I was a plank with no fanny. I can’t wear a fanny pack incidentally due to this.
It was raining and nasty out, but I wore 2 shirts, 2 sweaters, and my boots. I talked to my mom as I walked over with my Devry umbrella. We had the OU charter buses the football team uses (to my knowledge). The guys were really nice and waited for me outside the bus in the rain. We all got on, but could sit together. Zach and I sat across the aisle from each other, and Shane and Chris got to sit together, right behind us. I sat by this kid named Cody (he was a hillbilly). Cody looked like Alex (from work) and sort of spoke like him. We made it safely, after a long while, with a crazy bus driver named Wayne.
Sorry this isn’t as detailed as my first story, but I think I’m tired of detail after all that and I’m running out of power.
We were the movie masters down and up. On the way down we watched “Bench Warmers” and “The Rock” on DVD, and “Happy Gilmore” on VHS. On the way back, “Little Miss Sunshine,” “Accepted,” and some of “You, Me, and Dupree.”
We arrived as the rain was letting up, but most of the rides were closed. Chris, Zack, Shane, and I ran in after we snagged our tickets. Peed; then, rode the rides. There were a few set backs, like Top Thrill being on the fritz and not being able to find elephant ears till the end, at the back of the park, but all in all it was a great trip.
Chris ate some of the Styrofoam plate while devouring his elephant ear.
My funnel cake covered me in powdered sugar.
Shane said I wasn’t enthusiastic enough.
Chris made the funniest sounds when you sat by him.
We didn’t get to ride the Raptor because of time and rain.
We arrived back by 11:00pm at the latest. By then, Cody seemed to have created a design on me and was clearly flirting. He kept calling me a city girl. He found me on facebook today, so, maybe we’ll be friends. He rides bulls and knows too much about country things. Plus, he has mildly bad taste in music and movies. Conversation was confusing too. I’m thinking that him and Brittany would get along.
We scuffled back to the dorm. I wanted to shower, but Amber was wasting water, letting it run with the intention of showering. So, I went over to see James. We watched a little Star Wars on Spike and talked about nothing. He was trying to write a speech, but was too easily distracted. I left to shower, but made hot chocolate and came back later. He was sitting out in the mod watching the National Geographic with Stephen and Zack, eating Bret’s food. I ended up giving Dan hydrogen Peroxide, and we talked to Jack while he was trying to avoid his accounting homework.
Around 2:00am (!!!), time flew by, I left Zack and James, and went to bed.
I woke up wishing I didn’t have to go to class, but I did.
I was so tired in J101. I feel bad for our teacher because we get along, but I seem to fall into a tired spell in her class. We ended early. I said bye to Brandon and went to get coffee. Not sure if that was the best idea, because I was literally shaking afterward. On the other hand, I probably couldn’t have made it through ECON without it.
I went back to the dorm, forgetting about meeting my new roommate at Wendy’s. I conversed with Michael from my public speaking class. I called Mom, she didn’t answer and I went to Grab and Go. Called her back after and we spoke for a little bit but she was really busy, so it wasn’t for long.
I sat fiddling around doing little chores I had written down during ECON. I eventually decided to go to sleep, and I needed it. Chris and Shane woke me up a little after and I snapped. I still need to apologize. Jill wanted to do Circuit Kick AND Pilates tonight. I woke up, I dressed, and I filled my water.
Well, working out kicked our butts. Jill says she can’t fit in her jeans so she needs to work out more. We’re doubling up all week. It’s going to be nuts.
I went with her and Emily to Walmart after, called mom, walked back here…
That was a lot of information!
Ian Go Fast
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment