Sunday, September 14, 2008

Saturday Night & Possible Parent Visit

Josh: “Ur nuts, but I like it.” > “Well ur adorable so there.”

Dear Dad,

Sorry I kinda feel off the face of the world tonight. I left my phone in my room.
When I was leaving my room for dinner, I heard some loud-ish music from the room of those two guys I met studying the other day, Ben and Forest. I knocked on their door, Ben came to the door and he was shaving off his beard so he didn’t have to wear the beard net at the dinning hall. Apparently, they’re pretty uncomfortable. Anyways, not that you care, but he was listening to Coldplay, remember the band I went to see with Ben and we were in that car accident? He told me that him, Forest, and the two girls I’m suite mates with were planning on watching the game tonight and asked if I wanted to join. I said sure and as I’ve already told you during I phone conversation, dinner happened.
I came back in after talking to you around 5:30? I decided I wanted to take a nap, because I’m your daughter! Then I’d wake up and do some work before the game, maybe even attempt to smell halfway decent. So, I slept, woke up around 7:00. I cleaned my self up and began to work on my personality notes. I have a paper to do for that class by…. Tomorrow? Monday?
The kid that had the birthday yesterday, Tristan, Rachel’s friend from copy editing at the post knocked on my door. Distraction. We talked for a little bit, maybe till 8:10 when the game still hadn’t started. He left and I began working again. I just opened the book to add to my notes when I had another knock at my door. It was Ben. I went to his room to watch the game. Him and Forest had to friends over, Brett and Dan (?). Dan is a freshman and Brett seems to be mentally handicapped or at least, really off. We watched for a little bit in there but Forest and Ben were really antsy. The girls from across the hall, Ashley and Jackie, knocked and we decided to go with them over to Jackie’s boyfriend’s room in Crawford. Even though Ben has been on campus just as long as I have, he still needed a map to know where the buildings were! That gave me an ego boost, tour guide Amy, can you imagine? I can’t find my way out of down town! This kid lived a few rooms down from where Lynn did last year. They had two TV’s going with the game. The room was cramped with our full party. In calculation it was eight of us entering, and the two guys already there. It was a quad, in the front four; so, I assume you understand how small those are. The boyfriend was drinking beer and the three girls were mixing coke and something. I felt a little awkward in there, and luckily, so did Ben and Forest, because they some how subtly got us out of there. I really don’t think they like football much more than I do, because we were missing a lot of the action. We decided to go to Baker to watch the game and maybe play some pool or foosball. We went up Morton and entered on the top floor, by the coffee house. The coffee room was having live acts play and Forest was drawn in by this guy playing a Radiohead (a band) song. That led us to sit in there for a while. I didn’t think the guy was that entertaining, he was a little too folk genre for my taste. Thankfully, after three or four of his depressing songs the guys decided we should go down and watch the game. Forest went off somewhere, and Ben realized we lost Dan. Ben didn’t want to leave him behind (Freshman, really… tisk tisk). I ran into John Moore, whom was Lynn’s other best friend last year. He apparently hasn’t heard from Lynn in forever either! I guess Lynn has cut off his old friend and made new ones with his new girlfriend? Well, Dan came back, he had a phone call, and we adjourned to the lower level. To my displeasure, Forest wanted to play foosball, and my explanations of how bad I was, didn’t set in until we started playing. Forest could kill all of us on his own. I was no doubt a huge handicap. Luckily, Dan was too, but not as bad. It ended up being me with Forest versus Dan and Ben. We won, twice. Forest was really intense about rules, which threw me off, because who plays by the real rules, let alone knows them? Ben, Brett, and I went to watch the game. We were getting creamed. Brett was writing poetry and I have to say, he creped me out a little. Ben and I spoke about classes. Forest creamed Dan in one on one foosball. Once again, Forest was on the edge of his seat. Ben and Forest decided we should go to Ping and play some game. I heard them talking about racket ball, which I definitely couldn’t play in flip-flops. I went along anyway. We left when the game was 21-3. I felt pretty good about that, and couldn’t keep it to myself about the reality check OSU must be getting pounded into them. At ping, we bought a ping-pong ball and borrowed some paddles. Forest knew all the rules to that game too! At one point, Forest wasn’t playing and it was Dan versus me. Dan and I just hit the ball back and forth, it as much more fun than the actual game Forest was trying to enforce. Just like in foosball, Forest was better than all of us combined, so we eventually got tired with that and moved on. Next came badminton and basketball. Badminton seemed a little fairer and Forest didn’t know the rules, so we were safe. Brett seemed to be the cripple to whatever team he was on. Seeing that Forest didn’t like losing and he was exceptional at this, I volunteered to go on Brett’s side. I remembered playing badminton with Hartman in gym class. It was fun. I felt a little bad though because I was treating Brett like a little kid. I was doing my best to be supportive and informative, but it wasn’t very subtle. I wasn’t dressed for sports, so I was at a disadvantage. I think once Dan got off the phone with his ex our badminton domination began. Dan and I continued to play after the others went to play basketball. For the last 30 minutes Ping was open (closes at 12am) we fooled around with the basketball and they played on the exercise balls.
When we finally left, I was definitely sweating! We walked back to Adams and played cards with our RA Nate. We started out with Egyptian Rat Screw, which I was the only one that could challenge Forest. To move Forest off his podium we changed to BS and then to hearts. I kept getting the queen of spades! I lost both BS and hearts, but it was ok. After, Nate taught us this strange Amish card game called Dutch Blitz. We played that for a long while, until 3am when Forest decided it would be prudent to actually sleep tonight. They had to go somewhere at 7:30 but they told me because I’m a girl I wasn’t allowed to know. I’m guessing church, but they said it was cult.
Nate and I sat out watching some of the ridiculous people moving in and out of the dorm. I told him I needed to get a shower and start studying. He may even still be up watching a movie for all I know.
I left my phone in my room all night. I just didn’t want it to hold me down or have to worry about what people wanted, which felt nice at the time, then I came back and had a lot of messages. It was pretty irksome. Kate wanted me to go to Stewart street to see her and her boyfriend. James was apparently by Adams at 10pm and wanted to do something. Rachel suddenly could do something after she told me she couldn’t. All so confusing. I even forgot to write you guys a list.
I didn’t get much done today because I went out and played. I’m really on the fence on whether you guys should come or hold off till next weekend. I would LOVE to see you, but I have a lot of work to do. Although, I’m not sure if you’re coming would really change how much of it I actually do haha
We’ll talk about it in the morning, ok?

List:
Chair
Possibly any extra rugs laying around
Some more clothes (I’m good with underwear)
My external hard drive, I also need the plug that should be down in the basement to hook it to the wall.
Any stuff you think would be cool to hang on my walls or perk up the room
You can bring movies if you want
Any food, non-perishables
Maybe some cranberry juice
Maybe those 2 swimsuits I used this summer for swim lessons, the reversible ones?

I’m trying to think… more toilet paper?
If we have a doorstop laying around? Or something that could act as a door stop.
Maybe a book end… something heavy to act as one
Jeeze… I really don’t have many or really anymore ideas
If you guys can think of anything that we/I might need, I’d appreciate it.

LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
AMY!!!

No comments: