Saturday, September 13, 2008

Weekend Nights

A few Texts to open up:

Spycraft: “I don’t know give yourself some credit. You are the type of girl who is amazing because you don’t realize that you have the power to walk in a room and have every guy stare at you.”

Josh: “God I really dig kissing you.” > “I am gonna miss you while you’re gone but we’ll come visit/play down there and ill have my own place in December so if molly’s not around things will be easy.” > I think we could be something great but we already are as friends right now I just don’t want anyone to get hurt again.”

Dear Dad,

Friday, September 12, 2008 5:51 PM
Well, I didn’t write a letter yesterday. I was so tired! I was out from like 9:00am-7:00pm.
Yesterday, I set my clock around 8:45am, to maybe get up for breakfast, but then I reset it for 9am. Ashley’s alarm went off not too much later and she pushed the snooze button too. Twins I suppose. I couldn’t stay asleep, so I woke up and that led to her getting up too. She got ready really fast or I was really slow, but it seemed like I was really rushing.
For breakfast I had a waffle. Ate, then grabbed my mail, poster and box of shoes and yoga mat. Came back to the room, dropped those off, hurried to Bentley where I still had time to read more in my Rainbows End. Women’s History was interesting… I think the teacher likes me, because she was giving me way more credit that I deserved.
It was a big contrast to Medieval History where we met in our section groups with the TA grad student. He seems ok, but looks like a younger version of uncle fester from the Adams family. He didn’t seem to like me… told me I couldn’t have my laptop out… I was just getting a vibe.
I almost fell asleep in a chair waiting for my sociology class. The chair wasn’t the cleanest but I was just dead tired. Sociology was interesting. I made the mistake of reading Rainbows End instead of the textbook… ugh.
PSY was horrible… we had a grad student sub that had never taught a class before. Our class is already extremely unresponsive. I don’t exactly know why, but I’m going to guess it’s because we’ve all taken PSY 101 and heard everything that these instructors are spewing.
We let out a little early and I went back to the dorm. Figured out the hip pain I was having all through the day meant I started my period…. Great right? Haha perfect timin, right mom? I went to the aquatic center. I was the first one there for the meeting, so I just read for a while. Went to the room. The big boss guy (Jerry?) was really nice. He’ a big guy… but very funny. After this meeting I was REALLY confused. This pool is nothing like Dublin, nothing! Another girl from Dublin is teaching too, we were both blown away by the differences. The head people didn’t help much. I thought Dublin wasn’t that organized, but here… gives me so much more respect for Dublin.
Went to boyd grab and go… got even more confused there…. Never going back…
Came back… ate, began watching a house marathon with Ashley. Probably watched 3 hours, and in that time showered… tried to write this email, but failed.

I woke up THIS morning at 8:45 and Ashley, Viv, and I got breakfast. I branched out and tried and omelet. I even had a conversation with the omelet lady. I apparently put too much in my omelet or she liked me so much she gave me extra. I had ham, banana peppers, tomatoes, onions, cheese… maybe that was it, but it was a big omelet. I wasn’t too impressed.
Came back, slept for a long while. Woke up. Put my awesome beach poster on the wall. Ashley came back and told me she wasn’t gong to be here this weekend. So I went to dinner with Viv. The line was really long. But we went straight to the vegetarian section so we didn’t have much of a problem. Mac and cheese, potatoes skins, wheat roll, and black bean veggie burger.
Now I’m sitting here and writing this letter.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 3:22 PM

I think after I wrote the aforementioned I took another little snoozey. I woke up to Vive knocking on my door. She and her friend invited me to come chill with them in her room, where for maybe an hour or more we did the whole girly talking thing and making fun of her room mate like heartless alpha dogs haha
Later, Rachel called me, she was back from getting her car from Columbus. I left Viv and her friend, to meet Rachel in front of Crawford. We walked over to her “friend’s” apartment in the Lake View Tower’s. It was this guy named Hanson who is a little bit of a creep but at times he seems like he has good intentions. Anyways, this place is a really poop hole. The elevator’s smell like someone just peed in them and the hallways constantly smell like marijuana. We walked into his apartment and it honestly looked like everyone there could eat Rachel and I. Together, we wouldn’t be as big as big as most of these people! I’m a horrible person for making fun of their size, but it’s honest, and they couldn’t have been healthy. We hung out for a little bit to be polite, maybe around a half and hour, but I couldn’t handle of the cigarettes. I felt like someone was going to set me on fire and since a lot of these people were 21 or thought they were, they were messy and I was spilled on at least once. My sarcasm was going over at least decently with the crowd, but I started to assume that most of the guys who weren’t 200lbs or more were gay.
We left, and walked to Court Street. First time I’d gone up Jeff hill in a while and I can honestly say I didn’t miss it. We went to Sam Setterlin’s apartment. She lives about Barron’s men shop by Follett’s bookstore. Their apartment was really nice, but apparently it’s pretty expensive as well and this lead to Rachel bringing up where we’re going to live next year. AHHH! I tried to explain to her how long it takes for me to make choices, but it didn’t go through.
Sam and her boyfriend turned in with their new lizard with promises I’d see them again soon. So, Rachel and I walked to the middle of nowhere, 1st street, for this kids birthday. We turned left a BP if you’re back was facing the University Tees. Walked for like 5 minutes, past a middle school and a cemetery for the civil war. Turned right down this street that looked pretty creepy at a fork in the road bisected by a church. After a down hill walk of that street, we turned left again and went to this house that was unmarked on a hill, but had a lot of people, so it was pretty obvious it was the right house. The rock stair way was really pretty but that was the only nice thing I could say about that house. There were some nice people there and some other creepers, but Rachel and I hung out, talked…. Did what we normally do in a different setting. The birthday boy lives in 147 Adam’s hall, so we’re pretty much neighbors. He said he’ll come visit me, which I’m not sure how I feel about it, but he’s a nice guy with manners, so it can’t be too bad, one more potential friend.
I finally got a hold of my neighbors who had my fan! They were still sleeping, so… I felt a little bad, but o well.
Now, I’m still tired, but I know I should use my last meal at the dinning hall.
LOVE YOU
Amy

No comments: