Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Screwed up?

So… I may be a dumb-ass for two reasons:

  1. I dropped my Mag Feature Writing Class (the one I detested)
  2. I just asked a guy to get coffee through e-mail…

It’s the 21st century, right? E-mail and text-messaging is accepted as common place, right?

I know I sound like a coward. Asking someone something in person seems more respectable. I would have asked him person, but I rarely see him.

It makes me nervous what he’ll reply. In person it requires a direct response and you can see the persons body language. When I saw him today, we were in a large group of people and I didn’t want to make a spectacle of it. He is a 26-year-old graduate student and I am at 21-year-old undergraduate… I know this doesn’t seem like a big deal to some people, but it’s a big age gap people! My grandparents and my parents are separated by five years.

Besides that, we met up at The Pub on Court St. two weekends ago and skipped a few steps in the friend-making process (to sugar coat things).

The little I know about him, he seems like a great guy. He made it plaintively clear though that he knows little about me besides he finds me attractive.

He did tell me that (leaving out the details) he is interested in someone but he doesn’t know if that will work out.

Either way, he seems like an interesting person and I’d like to backtrack and get to know him better.

Eleanor Roosevelt’s words came over me and I couldn’t let the opportunity pass me by. I took a chance. At least now I can’t regret not trying, right? Darn you wise women!

My Mag Feature Writing is a completely different story for another time. I’m going to get back to reading “Slacks and Calluses” for WGS. The nauseous feeling in my stomach has subsided a bit. I promise I’ll try not to get too broken up if I get rejected, which I’m already preparing for!

Home this weekend! Woo!

No comments: