Highlight of my yesterday:
“Hey kid,
I just wanted to apologize for being a total dick over the past couple of weeks, Emma was going to leave me if I didn’t delete your phone number so I just put it under a different name…”
That different name: Matt Johnson… LAME. I was hoping for something like Martha Washington, but O’ well.
“…but knew I had already pushed u away totally, I’m not trying to rebound in anyway now that Emma and I split I just wanted to apologize for ruining our friendship which was the only one I had, had in a very long time with someone that I really could connect with, I understand and don’t expect you to forgive me or let alone communicate with me anytime in the future but I just wanted to set things straight, I never wanted to stop talking or miss out on dates we had set to hang out, I was completely sheltered by Emma and I see that it has hurt me beyond my relationship with her. I’m sorry.”
From JM - January 17 @ 8:49pm – Name (s) have been changed for privacy matters (obviously)
I honestly don’t know why I wanted my pseudo name to be Martha Washington. That probably wouldn’t be a very good disguise, so, it was probably particularly smart not to ask my opinion in the matter.
I still don’t understand how his girlfriend out/was informed that we were flirting over text message. I will say it could have been construed as emotionally cheating, but we made it clear it wasn’t more than friendship. Supposedly someone from OU told Emma we were text/flirting, but I didn’t recognize the name, let alone tell ANYONE about him. Not even my closest friends knew I was still talking to him. I think, his girlfriend must have gone through his phone and made up the story about a girl at OU telling her about us.
I thanked him for apologizing and that I’m glad we can be friends again. I honestly have missed him. I spoke to him nearly every day, multiple times a day fall quarter. There were things that bothered me about him, mostly how insensitive he was to my feelings. I tried to be sympathetic to his situation and put my feelings aside when he’s have problems with his relationship, but over break I hit my breaking point. I had been stood up, ditched, led on, and ignored too many times. I couldn’t put up with it anymore. My sympathy and understanding had been used up.
To cut to the chase, I’ve “forgiven” him but also told him he is on probation and that he should keep his phone away from his next girlfriend. I have strong-ish doubts that it will be me, calculating distance and our different priorities.
I just did a hand hook with my pinky finger and was made fun of for it.
Rachel, Nate, Bowden, and I are watching “Iron Man.” Rachel is sleeping over while Ashley is at a hockey tournament and her roommate wants to spend some “special” with her boyfriend with the weird name. Apparently, her roommate snores, so her jerk face boyfriend probably won’t even stay.
JM is… someone worth giving a chance and his band’s music is pretty good. I’d say they have a chance at making it.
I bought Forrest a gift certificate for $15 to Chipotle for his birthday. It’s pretty impersonal, but I guess that reflects his personality since we came back to school. I’ve text messaged Ben, but no response. I think they’ve been going somewhere on the weekends, because when I walk by there room I never hear anything. If you haven’t already been informed, the walls in my dorm are paper-thin and I’m also a bit of a busy body.
As hard as I’m trying to be independent… I still get those times of weakness and it’s hard to take at times.
I went home this weekend to get the cast off my wrist. I NOW have a very disgusting set of stitches & excess skin. I keep the wound wrapped up in gauze so I don’t have to look at it. I’m scared about getting my stitches taken out at Hudson Wednesday. Last time, the staff didn’t make the experience pleasant.
I’ll have to go home to see my surgeon in three weeks, which I believe is on the sixth of February.
My suite mates, the two girls in the room next to Ashley & I, are SO loud! When my parents dropped me off and I finished unpacking, I tried to stay in my room. It was impossible. The noise they were making, a very “girly” sound, gave me a headache. I escaped to Nate’s room where we both used our computers sitting next to each other. It was nice and quite, I really appreciated it. Rachel and I sat in his room even after he left. We ordered Papa John’s pizza, a large pepperoni. It was when we made ourselves comfortable in my room after he left to go to a concert with Bowden that the fire alarm went off.
The fire alarm stayed on for an hour! The sprinklers came on, on the third floor (?). We saw the maintenance guys bringing in vacuums… to soak up the water?
My dorm seems to have the fire alarms go off a ridiculous amount. When it is as cold as it is, standing outside waiting to be let in, is not pleasant.
Thursday, January 15th thoughts/insights:
-I learned my hair does not act/work like a hat. Unfortunately, my hair will most likely never keep my ears warm or protect them from the wind.
-My ears felt like they were going to fall off…
-People only wearing sweaters in this weather are silly and don’t deserve to complain about the weather
-My arm is itchy and I can feel the stitches when I reach in to scratch…
-Target Haggerty as the Opposition/Antagonist/Stealer of Happiness
-How can I go from feeling like a retard to a freaking genius in no less than 3.5 seconds?
-How did Brandon make it through News Writing?
-Brain Turned Off/Red Light/Intel Frozen > to be returned to a state of normality @ a later date
-Canceling my subscription to your stupidity & forwarding messages
-Do you think they have editing Hooked On Phonics?
-Would I be so miserable as a housewife?
-Do I want to do this for the rest of my life?
Ian Go Fast
5 months ago
1 comment:
So, the title of the blog fits an event spent almost entirely in my company, and I'm not mentioned at all. This is unacceptable.
Post a Comment